Mediterranean Steak Flatbread
Servings: Serves 4
About this Recipe:
This flatbread is a fun way to spice up the regular dinner menu at home. It is a from-scratch recipe that is surprisingly simple. Try this today and make a gourmet meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 16-ounce Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steak or top sirloin cap
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, plus more to taste
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 pre-baked naan bread or similar flatbread
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup grated or hand-shaved Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, outer dark green leaves removed, ripped in bite-size pieces
- Preheat grill to medium-high and place a cast iron pan or grill vegetable basket on the grill. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tomatoes in a hot pan, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to blister, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Grill steak in cast iron or directly on grate to desired doneness (125°-130°F for medium rare). Remove from grill and let rest.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium. Brush naan on both sides with remaining olive oil and crisp on the grill, 1 minute per side.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- Spread naan with olive tapenade and top with blistered tomatoes, steak, frisée, and parmesan. If desired, drizzle lightly with additional olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve.