SALE ON SNACK STICKS!!!!
Pick out your FAVORITE box of Snack Sticks (20-count) for ONLY $14.00/per box. Our CUT OF THE WEEK is our top of the line Sirloin Steak. Stop into Old World Meats!
Perfect Pepper and Herb Crusted Prime Rib
Servings: Serves 14-20
About this Recipe:
Is there anything better than making that first cut into a perfectly roasted prime rib to see the delicious medium rare goodness many of us crave? We don’t think so. This recipe will make you feel like a head chef and impress your family and friends more than you knew was possible. Bon Appetit!
- 1 (15-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® bone-in ribeye roast
- 1/4 cup coarse cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons dry thyme leaves
- Combine pepper, salt, garlic, cornstarch and dried herbs. Tie the roast every 1 1/2 to 2 inches with butcher’s twine. Rub the entire roast with seasoning blend and refrigerate overnight, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap on a sheet pan.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Place roast on a rack lined with foil in a shallow roasting pan, fat-side down. Roast, uncovered, for 120 minutes.
- Flip roast so that fat side is now up; discard foil. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of the roast, avoiding bone or fat. Continue roasting approximately 1 hour. Look for 120-125°F on thermometer.
- Rotate roasting pan and increase oven temperature to 450°F. Roast on high for 15 minutes to deepen crust. Final internal temperature should be 130-135°F when pulling from oven for a deep pink interior.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before removing twine and carving.